Parent Education and Support Groups
Location: Loudoun County, Virginia
INMED Partnerships for Children provides Spanish-language parent education and support groups that provide at-risk families with the opportunity to overcome social isolation and strengthen parenting, coping, relationship and life skills. Participants receive emotional and practical support, direct assistance in accessing community resources culturally and linguistically appropriate education in six key areas:
- Positive parenting
- Preventing family violence
- Building strong relationships
- Child health and development
- Adult health and well-being
- Personal and family capacity building/life skills, such as financial literacy
During classes, children are engaged in developmentally appropriate activities that also build socialization and language skills.
Most recently, in response to requests from the community, INMED launched support groups for Latino fathers.